March 5, 2009

3 Months?!




My sister has a friend in their ward who lost their 3 year old little boy in a tragic accident and it made me think about my life and all of the changes that I've experienced in the last few years. I have experienced tragedy and heartbreak, but now that I'm a mom I don't think that there could be anything worse than to lose a child. My heart goes out to the family.

Briley is 3 months old! It has gone by so fast, I can't believe it! It has truly been the best 3 months of my life. I have at times wondered about my purpose and why I survived an accident that took other's lives. But the more time that goes by and the more experiences I go through, the more I realize why I'm still here. I have so much to learn and experience in this life! It took a long time but I can now honestly say that I am grateful for my time here and for the trials and challenges that life has brought. Being a mom to sweet little Briley is the greatest blessing that I could have asked for and I feel like I'm living my dream. I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend and an awesome Daddy, and a beautiful baby girl who has truly brought sunshine into my life. 

Briley has found her voice and loves to "talk" to the fan above our bed in the mornings and have conversations with mommy and daddy. Mostly it has been "ah-goo" and "ohhh" and blowing spit bubbles, but lately she's been laughing and almost shouting. She is very strong for such a little thing. She's been holding her head up pretty much since she was born and now likes to stand in our laps. She laughed for the first time a couple weeks ago when Daddy was tickling her. She also loves bath time and bouncing on the exercise ball, which usually puts her right to sleep. We have had so much fun with our little angel and are so grateful that she came to our family. We love you so much baby girl and we're excited to watch you grow! 





7 comments:

Fawn Becker said...

She is so cute in that headband! She looks like a little cheerleader. I am so happy for you Kindy :) I bet you are a great mommy!

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

You have no idea how strong and wonderful you are! I look up to you so much. Briley is so blessed to have you for a mommy!

*Katie May* said...

Tragedy's bring up a lot for me too. But I know you are here still so that you could have that sweet little baby girl and teach her the gospel so that she can return to our Heavenly Father. I have wondered sometimes too if I would have gone with you guys what would have happened.I know me, Kiley and Gaige have a purpose here. I know my purpose is to be a Mom and be able to have two more sweet little boys enter my life. I love you Kindy and I miss you A LOT and all the fun times we use to have. BTW not that you don't already know but Briley is a DOLL!

Meagan Rogers said...

She's such a sweet girl! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Being a mother is the best and helps put so many other things into perspective.

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

we love you guys so much and I know what an amazing and strong person you are to have come through the trials that you did. Couldn't imagine life without you or Briley Bean...she is growing up so fast! Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

Wow I can't believe she is already three months! She is such a cutie! Kindy you are amazing! It was hard for us as friends to see all that you went through. I'm glad you understand the great purpose you have in being here. We are so happy that not only did you find a great guy, but now you have the blessing of being a Mommy to such a beautiful little girl!

Johnna Jayne said...

Just when you think she couldn't get any cuter, she does! That was really touching Kindy. We're so glad you are here too.