April 5, 2009
We're Back Y'all
Actually we came back Wednesday after a long day at three different airports but lets start at the beginning. The day that we planned on going to Dallas we had a BLIZZARD and more snow than we've had all winter. So we didn't get to leave till Friday after our flight was delayed twice because of HURRICANE warnings in Dallas! Briley was very spoiled on her first flight and got her own seat in first class. I was a little nervous to fly with Briley for the first time without Nate's help but she did awesome. We were happy to finally land in Dallas and had a great time hanging out with Grammy, Auntie Kort and Chell. We ate lots of yummy food, shopped till we dropped, and Briley got to meet her doggy cousin Roo. Longview is beautiful with lots of big trees, green grass and an awesome lake nearby and Kortney's house is so cute, I love it! On Wednesday we drove back to Dallas to catch our flights and of course I missed mine because they left 10 minutes early!(so not my fault, right?) So i go to check in for the next flight (we fly standby cause Nate works at the airport now, great that it's free and flexible but can also be a pain!) and the lady is like "good luck with that, it's full and they cancelled the last flight of the day." I called Nate almost in tears not knowing what I should do. He told me to check flights to different airports that I could go to and then connect to Denver. So I found free internet and figure out a plan to fly into LA and then catch another flight to Denver, praying that we'll get on both flights I head to the gate for the LA flight. After another delay in LA due to mechanical problems with the plane, we finally got home around 8:30 that night! Oh, and they lost my bag in Dallas so we headed down to baggage to file a claim. I was VERY happy when they found it and delivered it to my house the next day. Yep it was quite an adventure but totally worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! No fun about the flights though :S
What a hassle! I'm so glad you were able to get your bag back! Looks like you had a ton of fun with your mom and sisters.
Your hair is so long and beautiful!
I love Briley's worn out picture. I guess a girl can only take too much shopping before she drops! So cute!
Sounds like you had a little adventure going and coming. Glad it all worked out and you found your bag! I bet it was fun to get together and have some girl time with your fam! You seriously have one adorable little girl!
What an adventure! I am glad you had a good time and that you finally got home. How fun to have some girl time and shopping, that is the best!
Post a Comment