January 24, 2009

Surprise!




















The weekend after Christmas Nate had a couple days off work and we last minute decided to drive to AZ for the weekend. I was so excited to surprise my family, especially because Tom and Krista and their kids were staying at my parents house and they had not yet met Miss Briley. So we drove all day Friday and got there about nine. We left Briley on the doorstep and hid around the corner. Krista came to get the door and her reaction could not have been better. She saw the carseat and shouted "No way! Shutup!", grabbed the seat and headed inside so she could take Briley out of the seat. I don't think that she even realized that Nate and I were there too. :) My mom called Jeff and Chell and they were so excited they got out of bed to come over and meet Briley. We spent Saturday in Lakeside and Briley got to meet her Great-Grandma Massey, who she got her middle name from. It was so worth the long drive to see the look on everyone's face when we got there, and Briley loved getting to meet her cousins! Oh and I have to say I was a little nervous to travel so far with a newborn but it was great. It took a little longer because we had to stop to feed her every few hours, but whenever the car was moving Briley was sleeping. Love that!

1 comment:

*Katie May* said...

How fun!! Love Krista's reaction. I always love suprises :) Sariah surprised me 2 weeks after I had Kiley.