February 11, 2010

Briley Update

Poor Briley has had an ear infection for the past week, she still has a little runny nose, but seems to be feeling much better. I didn't get much done, especially once I got sick too, but I did get lots of snuggle time with my sweet girl.
Briley seems to be learning new words or skills everyday. She makes me laugh so much. She learned to say and sign "peese"(please) and uses it to get anything she wants. It is the cutest thing ever. She can also sign "milk" and "all done". She can say "dogy" and when we ask what the dogy says she says"uf, uf" very quietly. When I ask what a cow says she'll say "mmmmm". Every picture that we show her and ask who it is she'll say "Dada" no matter who is in the picture. When I ask where her nose is she sticks her finger in it. Haha, trying not to make that one a habit.
Sometimes she'll copy random things that we say, but won't repeat it when we want her to.  I try to get her to say Mama more often, and I'll catch her practicing sometimes. She also loves to talk on her phone, the remote, or any other toy that resembles a phone. She walks around the house with it on her shoulder and babbles away, but if I try to get her to talk to someone on my phone she gets real quiet and stares at it. Of course she is into everything and loves to empty drawers and baskets and pull all of the wipes out of the container as fast as she can. Her favorite game is to drop things and say "Uh, Oh", then watch us pick it up over and over. We love to watch her learn and grow. What did we do for fun before we had kids? I love you baby girl!

My friend took our family pics for our Christmas cards in November and I haven't posted them yet, so here are some of my favorites.

















3 comments:

Pratt and Kortney Rogers said...

I am way excited to watch Jhett go through all these fun stages. I love the family pics, I got ours done but I am not that impressed, the girl was not that great. When are you coming to see me?

Niki said...

Ear infections...not looking forward to dealing with those.

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

Love the family pictures! I know it was a while ago,but hope Briley is feeling much better! Ear aches are rough stuff. My kids don't get ear infections too often,but when they do one round of meds never seems to work. Hey I noticed that we aren't on your blog list anymore. I guess you don't want to be friends anymore! kidding of course! But seriously you need to update! I like to know how your doing. Miss ya!